Psalm 90, I love this Psalm. I love Scripture that reminds me of how powerful God is. Psalm 90 and the last few chapters of Job do a great job of this!
“Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the whole world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.”
Powerful. From everlasting to everlasting, He is God, what a fantastic reminder. I often find myself thinking about the future. Mostly, worrying about it. It is important to remember that the God we serve, is at both ends of time, watching over us.
While this Psalm is mostly Moses’ reflection of the wrath of God, it is a reminder of His power over creation. A reminder to count our days so as to not let them go to waste!
“If only we knew the power of your anger!
Your wrath is as great as the fear that is your due.
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
Moses is surely recalling their time in the desert when he asks God to give them favor for as many days as they suffer. I know I can relate to a prayer like that. My life hasn’t been “hard” by most accounts, but I know that I would like to at least have as many good days as bad in this life, and we can trust that God delights most when we are most satisfied in Him, so I believe it is true, he will bring good for us!
great reflection
ReplyDelete