Monday, February 15, 2016

Psalms Reflection Journal #4

Psalm 19

I love the outdoors! I have had the tremendous opportunity to travel to some of the most beautiful places on earth! I spent a summer in the mountains of Northwestern Montana in Glacier Park and Flathead lake. I was able to stand on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher. I’ve climbed to the top of a 14,000ft mountain in Colorado. In all those places, I was moved to worship God. The beauty of His creation is a testament to Himself like no other! When David says,” The heavens declare … the skies proclaim” he must of been experiencing the same thing, sheer wonder at the AWESOME power of God. 


What I find interesting about this Psalm as well is that after speaking about nature praising Him, he turns his attention to the law of God, the scriptures. It is as if to say, how INCREDIBLE are the praises of nature to the Creator without words, but how much greater are the Words of God? They are refreshing, more precious than gold, and sweeter than honey! For as much as we can appreciate and worship God by looking at His creation, how much more should we be moved to worship but His law? 

1 comment: