Monday, February 1, 2016

Psalms Reflection Journal #2


This week I decided to spend some time with Psalm 7. This is a Psalm that has meant a lot to me over the years. I am painfully aware of my own failures. These failures hurt my family, they hurt me education, and I know they broke God's heart, but the constant reminder of this Psalm is that God will not forsake His people. 

In Psalm 7 David is pleading with God to deliver him from his enemies. While I don't have an physical enemies looking to kill me, (that I know of...), I know that I tend to be my own enemy and that Satan is always looking for opportunities to trip me up. "My shield is God Most High". I know that He is faithful to protect me. That doesn’t mean that bad things won’t still happen, obviously things would get worse for David, but God doesn’t resign to let us stay beat up, but he works things for our good. 

God also makes some strong promises about what He will do to those who are evil. Evil men will be brought down in justice by our God, but this is also a foreshadowing of things to come in Jesus. On the last days we too can rejoice will David saying, “I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.” 

1 comment:

  1. Satan is really the ultimate enemy, as often our enemies are actually victims of the enemy. (Hope that makes sense!) My point is that this is a great way to pray these psalms since we typically don't have people trying to kill us.

    ReplyDelete